Financial Advisor: A Profession that Meets the Must-Have’s of Many Career Searchers during these unchartered times
Why the timing couldn’t be better to begin a business as a financial professional an amazing Entrepreneurial Profession
Whenever you are faced with a big decision, like your next career move, or where to live, it helps to think about what the next move must-offer, what would be nice to have, and what would be a deal-breaker.
Searching for the next move in your career, it’s might be right here….. Or Maybe you weren’t looking, but should you take a peek?
Dream jobs rarely materialize out of thin air. Instead, they come to people who know what fuels their passion, what they are good at, and the value they provide to others. In today’s corporate environment, it easy for large companies to use the world’s Covid- 19 crisis as a reason to lay you off. The real issue here is after this is behind us, what will the world look like then? Many believe that some of those jobs and careers will never come back and if they do…. They will not be the same as in the past. Everyone company is evolving quicker than the speed of light these days. The truth is, we are all evolving and we must continue to grow and challenge ourselves professionally.
Many have decided that they want to work for themselves and be in control of their professional destiny. They are feed up with leaving their professional career and advancement in the hands of someone else.
They are ready to monetize their own professional intellectual capital in ways they have not been able to do in the past.
A Rewarding Career as a Financial Advisor
Know your passion and understand how it fits into the role you play in your company.
Career planning can be intimidating because it is about more than looking for a job. It is looking for the right job. One that will ignite your passions make good use of your skills, and allow you to achieve both your career and life goals.
Today, while we are all held up at home it is a good time for you to look within, determines your passions and figure out how those passions can translate into a role that is valued by others.
A time to realistically assess your skills and strengths, values, interests, and personalities. It req involves finding your passion, searching your soul
Finding a career that is right for you isn’t always easy. Most people ricochet between jobs only to become disappointed when things don’t turn out to be how they expected.
To avoid making a career misstep, it is helpful to create a list of your ideals. Whether on paper or in your head, you might list your must-haves, nice-to-haves, and deal-breakers.
If you are at a career crossroads and are considering the financial services profession, here are some signs the career choice might be right for you:
What we’ve learned in talking to many financial-service candidates have similar check-boxes. They are often surprised to learn how well a career in financial advisory services meets their criteria. See for yourself.
- Change lives, and so does the world around us. Especially now during this pandemic we are all facing, we think about our families more than ever. People need us to give them guidance and know that we care. We are faced with news of death and sickness every day, our future clients need to know that they are going to be okay. They want the peace of mind that if tragedy strikes, their loved ones will be cared for financially. The most successful financial professionals share the passion wanting to help others take care of what matters most.
- On your own, but not alone. Are you someone who decides what he or she wants to go after, shape your destiny, but don’t feel like you have the time, patience, or inclination to start from scratch. Do you want to partner firm that provides office space, back-office support, marketing resources, technology, industry knowledge, specialized expertise, mentoring, etc.? With a progressive financial service firm, autonomy and support aren’t mutually exclusive concepts. To succeed in today’s ever-evolving environment, you can and should have both.
- Create unlimited upside income. Are you looking to create a dependable stream of income in retirement? Are you willing to put in the effort today for more financial freedom in the future? Financial professionals earn commissions when clients act on certain product recommendations and earn residual income on renewals.
- Give back to your community. Become part of the fabric of the community.
- Flexibility to enjoy all life has to offer. Do you want a career where you can build a business while also raising your family, engaging in hobbies, or giving back to the community? A financial professional is a “lifestyle career,” because it allows you to pursue all of your aspirations yet be productive in growing your career outside traditional work hours.
- Create passive income. Are you looking to create a dependable stream of income in retirement? Are you willing to put in the effort today for more financial freedom in the future? Financial professionals earn commissions when clients act on certain product recommendations and earn residual income on renewals.
- Gain instant credibility. Are you concerned that a career transition will mean starting over, and developing credibility over time? It’s entirely possible to align yourself with a firm that has name recognition and longstanding history of doing right by clients, giving you instant credibility.
- Have a clear path to success. Do you want to learn from those who have come before you, but also crave the freedom to do things your way? With the right firm, the path to your success will be clearly marked, and offer the support, tools, and resources needed to reach your goals.
While it may be a bold move to ask candidates to create an “ideal profession” checklist before meeting with, I have yet to be disappointed. People with the highest likelihood of success as an advisor typically check all these boxes and rarely have “must-have’s” that aren’t on this list.
If you would like to set up a time to talk about whether a career in financial services might be right to you, click here.